How have the strongest performing Grand Slam contenders fared this year. We look at all their results for this year up to 13 July. First up is the leading performer this year, Novak Djokovic. Then we look at Federer, Murray & Wawrinka. Take a look and see what you learn about the achievements of these top players,
In each graph there are some common themes. The player in focus sits at the centre of the graph. Rivals are nearest to the centre and have the thickest and largest number of connecting lines. Match wins for the player in focus are shown with matches coloured the same as the player under review. To find defeats look for matches of a different colour.
- Huge number of match wins
- Played all the rest of Top 10 at least once
- Most significant defeat – loss to Wawrinka French Open (thick purple line)
- Biggest rivals (W-L) – Wawrinka (1-1), Federer (3-1), Murray (4-0) having faced each of these in the three Grand Slam finals so far
- Only 3 defeats in total
- Major defeats are by Djokovic (3) including Wimbledon Grand Slam Final
- Significant rival – Djokovic (1-3). Other rivals Wawrinka (1-1), Murray (1-0) Berdych(2-0), Raonic(2-0).
- Has not played Nishikori, Cilic, Ferrer or Nadal this year
- Djokovic has defeated Murray 4 times including one Masters and one Grand Slam Final
- Also played important matches against Federer (0-1) and Berdych (2-0)
- Key rivals Djokovic (1-1) and Federer (1-1)
- Good record against Top 10
- Larger number of losses against those outside of the Top 10 (light coloured match circles)